Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Burnt Rice


I got really wrapped up in updating my portfolio site and completely forgot about the water boiling on the stove. It occurred to me that I should probably add more water to the pot now that so much had been converted to steam, but I decided not to. A small silly voice in the back of my head said the rice would absorb the water faster if there were less water to absorb.


LV is never allowed to complain about how bad his rice is ever again. This was sooooo bad. White rice just shouldn't be brown and crunchy.


The broccoli was fine. (Though, not if you ask Scrappy.) The pork was better. (She brushed it with BBQ sauce before we broiled it.)


I don't think Scrappy ate dinner that night because she helped make it so much as she just needed to eat something that wasn't junk food. Her class trip to a baseball game that day turned into a parade of chips, pretzels,and popcorn followed by ice cream after school. (I was willing to get water for all those kids, but not Dippin'Dots. I still wanted ice cream after school.)


No comments: