Friday, July 10, 2009

Breakfast for Dinner


When we went grocery shopping that afternoon, the idea of breakfast sandwiches for dinner struck me as a great idea. Two bites into my sandwich, I didn't think they were such a great idea anymore. Two or three years ago, my dentist pushed me into getting an inlay to replace a porcelain filling. The dentist before him had said I should get a silver filling--porcelain doesn't last, she said. But I grew up with my mom always showing me how horrible her mouth looked with so many silver fillings. Being vain, I chose porcelain, which, like the first dentist warned, didn't last. The second dentist swore inlay was better. Being uninformed, I went with the inlay. (Though, seeing as my insurance didn't want to cover it, I should have asked more questions.) Two bites into my sandwich, I heard a horrible crunch. What I thought was a white fleck of fat actually turned out to be a chunk of bone. Sweet. That inlay was no match for it.

No comments: