Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!


It looks like we're preparing to feed an army, but this is my version of the Big Breakfast for LV. (There were leftovers. Though not many.) With bacon grease splattering everywhere, there wasn't much room for Scrappy to help out. She mixed the pancake batter and was done. I probably could have had her peel and shred potatoes for the hashbrowns, but I wasn't in a teaching mood. It was far too early for someone who is definitely not a morning person. (I had to set an alarm...)



To get Scrappy to finish her eggs (which had way too much Mrs. Dash (I thought it was going to come out more slowly)), we said, "When you finish your eggs, then you can feed the cats."


Boom. Eggs were gone.


First the cats ate bacon for breakfast. Then in the afternoon we decided to give them some water. Then we decided we wanted to catch the kitten (who now has two eyes open). I told LV to go upstairs and get some more turkey ham. Although our napkin tied to a long piece of curling ribbon had been enough to get me close enough to grab the little guy, I chickened out. I was hoping with the food, I could get a second chance.


I chickened out again. After petting his head and announcing how soft he is, I realized he had black specks all over his forehead. Not a place fleas normally lay eggs, but, all the same, they reminded me of when my cats had fleas.


So, the little kitten (now with two eyes) still lives in the garage. Maybe I'll grab him tonight.

2 comments:

RLuera said...

dont feed kitties onion powder(dash?) its toxic to them ie like choc to dogs

Madeline said...

I thought the above comment was so random I had to publish it. We didn't give the cat a plate of eggs with Mrs. Dash on it--that was for our child.