Friday, August 03, 2007

An Attempt to Clean Out the Fridge


We bought a lot of food. There was no plan of attack like, "We can eat this twice, we can eat that tice..." We just bought enough food to feed a family of four for week. A family of four we are not.


Above is my attempt to use up the leftover tacos from Monday night (I forgot to take a picture) in one salad. It's the equivalent of putting two big tacos in a bowl with half a head of lettuce.



I'm surprised I ate even that much. LV had the leftover steak and a hamburger bun. Because our hamburger meat had gone into make tacos, we needed to figure out how to use up the buns...



After lunch, we took a walk and noticed the grills had been repositioned. A new sign said, "Matches or flame needed to ignite." A big lighter for the grill was not one of the perks included with our condo rental.



Unable to grill the pork, I once again got out the frying pan. There was half a stick of butter left, and I was going to use it up.


Well, not quite all of it. That would have been gross. Almost as gross as eating half a bag of frozen green beens in one sitting (shown above).


There was a pretty full package of shredded cheese, but I didn't use more than necessary on the hamburger buns I put in the broiler. I completely forgot about the onion, grape tomatoes, and olives until right before we sat down. We decided to skip them with dinner. I had black olives for breakfast to try to finish them. The onion and shriveled and grape tomatoes went in the trash.


Probably the most creative thing we did with leftovers was earlier in the week when LV suggested mixing the artichoke dip with a can of tuna to make tuna salad sandwiches on hamburger buns. Again, no picture...

No comments: