Sunday, December 21, 2008

Birthday!


I found a use for that giant block of ground beef in my freezer: sliders. Much like the cupcakes, there was no input concerning the menu for the Star Wars party. Whatever I felt like making... The first year I did this, I went crazy (exhibit A). The first year, everyone showed up early and ate very little. The next year, I was supposed to be photographing another party so the menu became pizza and chips (exhibit B). That year, guests showed up at least an hour early. This year was supposed to be different. This year I would cook, but I wouldn't spend all my time cooking. This year I would be ready for them when they showed up at noon instead of 1 'o-clock, like the invitation says. This year would be better.



Noon - The doorbell doesn't ring.



1:30 p.m. - The doorbell doesn't ring.



2:45 p.m. - I wonder if I should put my mango salsa back in the fridge. Oh, hark. The doorbell rings.

No comments: