Friday, March 09, 2007

Broiled Pork Chops

I'm not sure who was happier: Me upon seeing LV getting dinner started or LV upon seeing me with a big bag of comic books for him.


When I walked in the door, he had already started the rice and was getting ready to figure out how I usually make the pork. Rather than run off to organize his new comics, he and the Little One watched me prepare the rest of dinner. She was actually more opposed to me seasoning the pork than she was to me preparing broccoli.


LV hates broccoli. He asked in a hopeful tone, "Are you going to season it with whatever that was you used last time to make it tasty?"


"Salt?"


"No, it was different."


"Garlic salt?"


No broccoli actually made it onto the Little One's plate. I thought that would save us from a battle over vegetables. I thought wrong.


She cut all the carrots in half, which did not increase the amount of carrots on her plate, but it looked like there were too many. Too many carrots then meant she didn't finish her dinner in time to play a boardgame with us. One of these days she'll learn...


No comments: