Thursday, March 29, 2007

Cereal and Chicken


While it might sound like the makings of World Famous Chicken Crunch, I've been taking an ungodly number of pictures the past two weeks for a photo class. This is just LV pouring some cereal... I like the slow shutter speed on it.



This is Chicken Marsala in front of the TV. I don't like how the bounce flash makes food look so unappetizing, but I liked the effect it had here--some eery lighting to underscore the notion that I spent all that time preparing fresh mushrooms and pounding chicken to the right thickness only to plop down in front of the TV with it.


You can't really tell at this size, but there's a shallow depth of field b/c the flash isn't connected to the camera. The Sony bounce flash isn't compatible with the Canon Rebel, so I had to release the shutter and hit "test" at just the time without shaking the camera. Nice, huh? I bought a compatible Speedlite the next day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am certainly glad to find this. great job!