Saturday, March 10, 2007

Pancakes and Pizza

I started making pancakes when I was in junior high. Then I started making crepes. I have no idea now I used to make my crepes, but I was really good at it. Pancakes have never been a problem for me. Then I met my new stove.


The stove at my last apartment was only turned on once. The stove at LV's place was magical by comparison. I found a photo of it today when I was cleaning off the old computer's hard drive, and it clearly says "precision simmer" next to the burner switches. There's nothing precise about the new stove.


Until today, pancakes at the new place have all been burned on one side, under-cooked on the other. My pancakes do not fair well against the inability to control the flame and an eager six-year-old. Today, when she told me she could spell pbskids.org, I sent her to go play on the computer; the pancakes needed more time on this range than she was going to allow them.


Today's batch was more picture-ready than they have been since we moved here, but I felt like the outside was a little tough. That's not adjective I want to use to describe my breakfast...



For dinner, I forgot to defrost anything, so frozen pizza it was. But I hate just sticking a pizza in the oven without adding anything to it--a seasoning--anything. Today, by request, I added bacon bits. My only complaint is "Did I have to pick the least pretty corner to shoot?" But it's okay. Bacon makes everything better.


No comments: