Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving


On Wednesday (or was it Tuesday?) I made pumpkin bread, pumpkin cake, and pumpkin muffins. (There was a lot of batter.) I decided the muffins could go to Thanksgiving dinner, the bread would stay at the house, and the cake need to be frosted to be a better coffee cake. LV is no sourcream or creamcheese fan, so I made buttercream frosting. Mmm...



So, we started the day with cake. We being LV and I; Scrappy still has an aversion to eating pumpkin.



Next I made a pie. It took a little longer to look cooked than the directions stated. Not too much longer. I was kind of surprised the knife came out clean when I did test it.



The pie was supposed to cool for two hours. That was plenty of time to make a new batch of candied yams and apples to bring to Thanksgiving dinner. The pie didn't look quite the same after an hour, though. It was cracking, falling away from the crust and sweating. It tasted good...

No comments: