Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Veal with Lemon-Capers Sauce



I cheated on Valentine's Day... I've been faithfully pulling recipes from the Better Homes & Gardens cookbook since January, but I thought Valentine's Day called for something more dramatic. So, I went to Epicurious, where they were promoting Jamie Oliver's Valentine's Day recipe for anchovy-something-or-other or a less scary-sounding recipe for two. I skipped the soccer mom cookbook and the anchovy delight, and went for veal with potatoes.

LV hung out in the kitchen and helped me make dinner, which normally doesn't happen because I feel I can't have a blog if I don't do all the work. But this was better. We were listening to the Billy Joel box set, and probably should have changed it before we sat down to eat. His poppy synthesizer hits don't mesh well with candlelight.

Oh, yeah, and there's a total lack of a centerpiece. It looks like a cat food dish in the middle of the table... LV sent me flowers, I sent him flowers, we didn't need more flowers for the table. Doh. The bowls are from the bread and dipping sauce we were munching on while making dinner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Madeline, I didn't know you cooked. G'pa sent me your blog address. Nice photo too.