Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Crab Cakes


One night last week, LV said, "You know what we haven't had in a long time? Crab cakes."

While I did a quick mental inventory of what I've been making for dinner the past few months and the reasons why I don't make crab cakes, Scrappy chimed in, "Yeah, it's been a while since we've made them."

I raised an eyebrow. We?

Later that weekend, though, I offered to make crab cakes on Tuesday night. This is not what I was picturing. It's been so long, I looked at the wrong recipes before using the wrong side of the grater. I wanted to make the kind that are finely shredded and need an hour to chill in the refrigerator. These are based more on a recipe for sandwiches from Self.com. They take about ten minutes when you work quickly, shredding your fingers and knuckles along the way.

It will be "a while" before "we" make crab cakes again.

No comments: