Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hummus


If you've been reading this blog, you're aware by now that I have a stockpile of dried beans I'm making my way through. Today I had my eye on the chick peas. A year ago, Kathie Lee proclaimed on the fourth hour of the Today Show that she loves chick peas. I prepared half the bag. I thought they were disgusting. I couldn't imagine eating them on anything. They grew moldy. I haven't touched them since despite the little voice that keeps saying, "Hummus."

I've had hummus before and liked it. But this was gross. It still tasted like chick peas to me. It's obviously too chunky, but it seemed I would just going to be wasting my time and ingredients by adding peanut butter and fresh garlic and blending the snot out of this batch. It would still taste like chick peas. I asked LV if he wanted some. Obviously, he did not. I ate it with carrots. I spread it on a corn tostada. I toasted it on a flour tortilla. I added garlic salt. I still have a lot of hummus left in the fridge...

No comments: