Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Chicken Sautee with (Garlic and) Green Olive Topping


After the chicken enchiladas were rejected in 2005, I tried pulling a recipe from Epicurious. Now, if I hadn't had a leftover bottle of green olives from a recent attempt to shoot a proper martini, I probably never would have looked at this recipe. It was 2005. Ground Cumin was not in my cabinet. "I hate ground cumin" was the review of the dish, so I never made it again. Until now.


I'm not even sure how I made this dish back then. I never bough fresh parsley. I don't feel like there was fresh garlic on hand. And there was definitely no food processor. While last time might have just been old chopped green olives, this time I went slightly crazy with the garlic. I just kept tossing more and more into the food processor, forgetting that this wasn't a roast or something--it was all going to end up on top of the chicken.


Overall, though, it was better than the first attempt. Scrappy, meanwhile, had plain chicken with BBQ sauce.

No comments: