Monday, January 05, 2009

Can't Rush the Holidays


Early in December, I bought all the ingredients I would need to make lots of cookies. And pies. And who knows what else. Come 2009, I have hazelnuts, pecans, walnuts, almonds, chocolate chips, dried cranberries, and more crowding my cabinets. January 5 seemed like a good day to bake more Christmas cookies.


I have two cookie presses. Neither has ever been used by me. I'm not sure either will ever be used again. I wasn't particularly impressed with my handiwork, but the Hazelnut Spritz cookies tasted really good.



When I bought Hershey kisses, I thought I was buying them for the kind of cookies that have a peanut butter base... But it turns out the recipe I had was for a chocolate base. It looks like a whole lot of chocolate going on (I didn't roll them all in powdered sugar because that seemed a little excessive), but it tastes just right.

No comments: