Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cranberry Pecan Scones and Chicken Salad


After compiling a list of my favorite 2008 food pictures, I was motivated to make scones again. The last time I made them they were so perfect. This time they were not. The dough is supposed to be shaped into an 8-inch round and then sliced into wedges. This is not a wedge. My ingredients (and then my dough) grew too warm because I was distracted while baking. So I ended up making lumps of dough. (It was way too stick to handle.) They taste good. And they make a much better breakfast than the cookies I've been eating.



For dinner, I topped baby spinach with loads of red ingredients--red onions, strawberries, grape tomatoes,...--and freshly grilled chicken. Because I'd already spent the morning baking scones, I didn't feel like baking any biscuits to go with the salad. That was okay, though. It left Scrappy plenty of room for her "favorite" chocolate cookies.

No comments: