Saturday, January 17, 2009

On-Demand Pasta


For what seems like weeks now, LV has been after the perfect bowl of creamy pasta. One night he went out and bought a package of Pasta-Roni's imitation fettuccine alfredo. Another day we went to a restaurant that used to served big bowls of chicken alfredo. Then we tried a frozen Bertolli pasta dinner that was supposed to be in a creamy sauce. Finally, tonight I sent LV to the grocery store to get a carton of heavy cream and a box of fettuccine. Why not just make it myself?


The cookbook described alfredo sauce as "satiny." Mine was definitely not. But LV still said it was the "best pasta I've ever had" and that I've set the bar too high, like from now I'll be able to make whatever it is he's looking for when he's looking for it.

No comments: